Friday, February 16, 2018

More Wisdom from the FB Support Group

As I look in the mirror this morning I am made keenly aware that my body has many imperfections.
Saggy boobs
saggy thighs
saggy arms
crepey skin...
But I am also reminded that all of those imperfections are imperfectly perfect. They tell me that I:
Have lost a considerable amount of weight
can breathe
can touch my toes
can sleep
can walk up and down stairs
can wear boots
am off many medications
am getting healthier by the day
When I see those girls at the gym whispering or snickering at my jiggling beauties they don't know:
Where I've been
Who I am
What my journey has been like.
I will not be a slave to:
Societal Standards
The scale
My low self-esteem
Fear
I will empower myself to:
Embrace my successes
Embrace my scars
Not compare me to others
NEVER GIVE UP
My journey is my own.
I do not owe anybody an explanation.
I do not need to change who I am for someone else.
I will own my journey and know that it is my choices that cause me to succeed or fail.
Failure only happens when I stop trying.
I stand in front of the mirror every day and have this conversation with myself.
You can do it! Don't ever give up.
Much love from a 62-year-old 1-year sleever.

No comments:

Post a Comment