Sunday, May 27, 2018

SURGERY IN 10 DAYS!

I can't believe it.  It's really happening!  It's only 10 days away (provided the Insurance approves, but they don't think it's going to be an issue).  

Nancy and I went to our pre-op nutrition class...learned about the pre-op diet and post-op. It was good. I've done enough research that I didn't really learn anything new, other than every surgeon is different as to their requirements!  Our pre-surgery appointment is June 5...OMG, I can't believe how fast this is coming!  

I'm on the 14 day pre-op diet now, today is day 4. I can have protein shakes (made with almond milk), broth, miso soup, sugar free jello (I make it with protein added, so it's even healthy!), sugar free popsicles and then one meal a day that consists of 4 oz of protein, and 2-4 cups of vegetables, as long as they're not the starchy stuff. It's been very tolerable so far. I hope I'll still be feeling that way in another week or so.  😊

I've already spent several hours today going through clothes. And I've barely made a dent. My God, I am such a clothes hoarder, it is truly ridiculous! It's a sickness. I pull something out that I would probably never wear, and think "I might wear that!" ARGH. I'm packing up a lot of things I'll never wear, even if they fit, and taking them down to the YWCA or the DV shelter. They always have women who have nothing and need business professional type clothes for interviews and jobs. And they are always short on plus size. I'm sorting by size...current size, next size, next size, then the last size. Ooops, I better re-posses those brand-new with tags Dress Barn slacks in size 14. I may wear them as all my other slacks will be too big. SEE? I'm incorrigible! 😄 I'm really trying though. I've got to let go of most of it, because I will NEVER wear much of it...and a lot are fall and winter...and by then, I'll be MUCH smaller.

Once I get to be a comfortable 12 I will have to buy new clothes. What a shame.

And my SHOES! I'm a shoe hoarder too. I need therapy. Wait, I AM in therapy. She'll be proud of me when I tell her I've got a start on this. I've got a lot of sneakers and shoes that I'll take down to the Union Gospel Mission - they are ALWAYS needing women's shoes. And I'll take them jeans and t-shirts and things like that as well. Wait. Our feet shrink, right? Maybe I'll hang on to the shoes that are a little too tight. 😏
Menu today:
Breakfast - Protein Shake, blended with almond milk and ice
Snack - Protein Jello (Yum! 8 g protein, 52 cal)
Lunch - Either chicken or bone broth
Snack - miso soup, sugar free popsicle
Dinner - 4 oz halibut, 3-4 cups steamed vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, bell pepper)
Snack - Protein Jello

1 comment: