Wednesday, June 13, 2018

One Week Post Op

Well, it's done! I've officially gotten the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy (VSG). 

I'm a little discouraged right now, a week later. I had an immediate 10 lb gain, which is very normal after surgery, so I didn't worry about it. But it seems like it's taking forever to get back to my official pre-surgery weight.

I had Ken hide the scale, then I demanded it back. Then the next day I had him hide it again. It's really messing with my mind. Maybe I'll get it back when the real weight loss starts.

I have my post-op appointment next Tuesday the 19th with Dr. Sebesta...I HAVE to have lost something by then.  I'm not stepping on a scale until then, no matter how much I want to. I did this surgery so I can finally reach my goals, and stop obsessing about things.  Thank God I have an appt with Janys this Friday. So many things running through my head that I need to turn off.

Anyway, I'm on full liquids now, for 2 weeks, then I move on toe pureed, then as I can tolerate, soft foods. I'm following the plan perfectly.  I didn't do this to fail. This is my last chance, so I need to make SURE that it works.  And I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment