Sunday, July 14, 2019

Two Weeks of Whole30 and Still Going Strong!

Today is Day 14 of my Whole 30 and I'm still going strong. Week 3 is supposedly the week of "boundless energy". We'll see. I noticed that I was getting bored and munchy, but I've stayed determined and on plan. I am committed to getting through the entire 30 days, at the LEAST.  And staying away from the processed foods and simple carbs indefinitely.

However, I am eating too much.  Even the "good" stuff can be misused. I wish I could be one of those people who just aren't that interested in eating, but I'm not. I love food, and that's just the way it is. I need to learn how to make peace with that and live my best life in spite (or because?) of it. 

The most important thing to my right now is that I AM NOT DRINKING!  That is a HUGE deal and the longer I go without imbibing, the stronger I feel. I don't need to have alcohol in my life. It's just not something I can use responsibly, or socially, so it's better that I just abstain from it altogether.

I got an air fryer lid that fits on my Instant Pot and I AM CRAZY ABOUT IT!  I have made potatoes, chicken wings, and a steak and mushroom bites things with it...I LOVE it.  I also had Ken dig out my Pampered Chef Microwave Chip thing and have made sweet potato chips. Those are good for when I absolutely have to have something crunchy.

I've been eating a LOT of fruit. Especially the Rainier Cherries that are in season. I think I'm on the last of them now...they are SO good and SO addictive.

Salt and Vinegar Wings
Wings and CrispyLid Potatoes

 
Steak Bites and Mushrooms
Sweet Potato Chips (Pampered Chef Chip Maker)

So here's to Week Three of Whole30!  I'm hoping for the Tiger Blood to start pumping. My goals for Week 3 is to rein myself in a bit on the volume of food that I'm eating, drink at LEAST three 32 oz bottles of water every day AND get at LEAST 7500 steps in every single day.

Booooo YA!







No comments:

Post a Comment