Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Whole 30 2019 - Day 9

I'm sticking to the Whole 30 way of eating like a boss - today is day NINE! I am eating too much, however, and I haven't been drinking enough water. I'm going to be more mindful of BOTH of those things. Especially the water! At least my office is right across the hall from the bathroom.

According to the Whole 30 program, the way I'm feeling today is TOTALLY expected, but ugh. I am feeling pretty bloated.

I haven't gotten on the scale at all, per the Whole 30 guidelines. I've been tempted, but I am NOT going to weigh until August 1. And the thought of doing it even thing makes me a little anxious...I wish the scale didn't have the kind of power over me that it does. But it is what it is. I am who I am, and I just need to figure out how to deal.


I DID get up early and get on my exercise bike.  Planning on doing that EVERY day, because it sure keeps my leg loosened up. I've pretty much accepted that it will never be "as good as new" and that I need to just learn to live with it.  RADICAL ACCEPTANCE.

I think I slept pretty good last night...I went to bed and listened to the sleep meditation audible I'm working through, then I went to sleep listening to whale song...I don't remember waking up at all in the middle of the night, but still I didn't even get 6 hours sleep total. I felt well-rested when I woke up though, so what I did get must have been pretty good!  It's fascinating to see how the FitBit logs my sleep...I wonder how accurate it really is though.

I'm not going to get my goal of 7500 steps in today, but I will definitely be getting it in tomorrow as a co-worker and I WILL be going for 2-3 walks tomorrow on our breaks.

I really do need to start going to the gym...I just need to figure out when I will be more likely to stick with it.

How I wish that going to the gym and working out was something that I didn't have to try to talk myself into wanting to do. I'm a natural sloth. The ONLY reason I will force myself to do it is so I can stay mobile and keep the joints as loosened up as possible, and hopefully decrease the pain levels. I'll be doing the Qigong starting in September, so there's that too. I might need to start up with the acupuncture again too.   I'm also going to get some appointments set up with my Physical Therapist...she will help me get my head back into the right space!  Even just getting with her a once every other week will help!

This Saturday, I'm going to go down to the senior center (about an hour away) where I did a consumer protection event a couple weeks ago. I've volunteered to help with their STP Dinner fundraiser. Every year during the Seattle-To-Portland bike ride, they prepare and serve the riders dinner on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday. I really like that center and I really like the gal that runs it...plus I used to live in that area...it will be fun! I talked my bff from high school to go with me, along with a co-worker who lives down there. We'll have a blast!




No comments:

Post a Comment