Thursday, November 20, 2014

Check-In with Dr. Z Postponed for 12 Days

I was looking forward to going to see Dr. Z tomorrow for my first check-in since starting with her, but sadly, her father passed away and she is out of town.  So I won't be seeing her until December 2.

Once upon a time, knowing that my accountability had been delayed by so long would have sent me to the Phad-Thai Express, or the Sushi Temple for a good old-fashioned gorge session, but I've learned so much about how my body responds to those types of foods, and the thought of doing that seriously hasn't even crossed my mind.  Non-scale victory!  

However....I did get on the scale this morning to see what it looked like.  I feel like I'm losing weight...my pants are getting baggy...my mobility is improving...I'm not hurting and aching all over like I was.  Even at physical therapy today, sitting up after Brad was done torturing me was easy.  Noticeably easier than the last time I was there.  Things are changing in my body and improving and my health is getting better.

So about that scale....I was down about 15 lbs!   I am so twisted though, and since I am trying to be brutally honest with myself in this blog I have to admit that I felt a pang of disappointment for not having that "Biggest Loser" loss of at least 25 lbs (in three weeks).   Rationally, I know that 15 lbs is MORE than what is considered a healthy loss, and that it's mostly water, and that I'll never see a loss that like this again and that I'm here for the long-haul.   But I still had that pang of disappointment.   Sick.

I'm not getting on the scale again until I'm in Dr. Z's office.  I'm instead going to just focus on how I'm feeling.  And right now, I'm feeling better just about every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment