Sunday, November 2, 2014

On the edge

I was going to post about this on my FB page, but I'm not sure that's where I want to "out" myself. This battle is such a personal one, and I've been defeated over and over and over...

The last time I posted here was in July of 2012. So much has happened since then. So many pounds re-gained. Horrible horrible time at my job. Trying to keep my marriage intact while dealing with my husband's demons and addictions. Major life-changing and heartbreaking issues with my kids. Caring round-the-clock for my sister, my only sibling, during her last 3 days on this earth as cancer stole her from all of us who loved her and needed her. My runt puppy Squeak, from my sister's last litter of Bernese Mountain Dogs, getting so sick and then miraculously recovering. Then having to have him put down at just 10 months of age because of a neurological disorder, and then finally being able to grieve for the loss of my sister. Then, just a couple weeks later, being gifted from a breeder in Illinois with Faith, and also gifted with her transport from another kind person who was in the Bernese FB group I was a part of. Then Faith getting horribly sick from Meningitis. And being gifted with assistance for her vet bills. And her recovery.

It's been a crazy ride. It seems that my whole life has been like this though. If I wrote an autobiography, no one would believe it, except those few who have known me the longest. I've been called a survivor and resilient, so those are the descriptions of myself I'm going to hang on to.

I went to a highly recommended doctor last Tuesday who specializes in bariatric medicine. She isn't a surgeon, so I'm not even considering surgery. Oh and for those who didn't already know...I'm fat. LOL I'm actually morbidly obese. And it's now gotten to the point where I'm on the cusp of diabetes - I'm very much insulin-resistant, my triglycerides are in the stratosphere and my liver enzymes are elevated. The bad news is that I'm a prime candidate for full blown diabetes, if I don't drop dead from a heart attack first.

The GOOD news is that I can still turn this around.

No comments:

Post a Comment