Saturday, November 15, 2014

Halfway Through Week Three

Today is day 18 - I've survived 17 full days with no sugar or processed foods and controlling my carb intake very carefully.   I'm having a little trouble staying in the calorie range that doc wanted me in...I'm consistently lower, but I'm still working on it.  I'm having no trouble staying within my goal carb range, except yesterday I was a little over, and that was because I had chili (homemade and healthy) for dinner - AND a glass of skim milk.  Next time one or the other, not both.

I'm also taking the medication Dr. Z gave to help my body use the insulin that it's over-producing, and a couple other medications that will hopefully help to correct the other hormone/chemistry imbalances and in turn help control the hunger/satiety triggers.   I'm still getting used to all the changes...still a little gurgly sometimes or feel a little bit spacey but I think things are starting to level out and I'm starting to adapt to all the changes.

Yesterday I bought some probiotic capsules and fiber gummy chews (sugar free), as well as some vitamins.   I go back to see the doc on Friday and I'll talk to her then about ways to keep my fiber intake in the healthy range...I know that's important.  The flax meal muffins I make are ok, but unless I can figure out a way to make them taste a little better, there is no way I can eat one every day.

My birthday was a couple days ago.  My boss was so thoughtful...instead of a fancy cupcake she gave me some beautiful fresh strawberries cut up and arranged with a candle, and my team gave me a lovely scarf and a sign that is just PERFECT!

 I received so many Happy Birthdays on Facebook, and came home to flowers and balloons from a friend in Colorado, then a couple hours a later a lovely present was delivered - from another friend in Colorado (the first friend's mom - they are both the sweetest and kindest women ever and I'm so blessed to have them as friends).


All in all, it was a really good day.  I felt really loved.   But I didn't go out to celebrate, even though the Junior League had their monthly social on that night and it would have been fun to have been toasted.  LOL.  I'm not going out tonight either, although I was originally planning on going out with about 20 other ladies, to dinner, then to a comedy show.  I just don't feel super-social this time of year and more importantly, I just don't want to put myself at risk of blowing it after working so hard to get my health back on track these last 18 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment