Saturday, November 8, 2014

First 10 Days - A Look Back

I've been feeling rather "off"...really low-energy and foggy-headed, my digestive system was full of gurgles and bubbles, just wanted to go to bed, but then didn't go to sleep until late...I think it's starting to improve.  It's a lot to get used to...my body isn't pumping out the mass quantities of insulin in response to the garbage I was feeding it, so I'm sure it's trying to figure out what it's supposed to be doing, as well as trying to get used to the medications I'm taking.

I've been following this way of eating for 10 days now; today is Day 11.   I've tracked everything I've eaten, and I haven't gone over the equivalent of 13 tsp of sugar per day - the majority of the time I've stayed below 10.   I track in SparkPeople.com (it's a GREAT tracking tool, and totally FREE) and so it's nice to be able to see a snapshot of what I'm doing:



But like I said, I think things are getting better.  I'm still a little bit foggy-headed, but not as bad as it was, I think.  And I'm DEFINITELY feeling like things are shifting in my body...definitely there is weight being lost (though I am really trying to stay off the scale - it has far too much power over my emotional state LOL).

I go back to the doctor in a couple weeks, and we'll see what things look like then, and what I feel like!   Once I've lost 10% she'll be running another blood panel, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how that looks as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment