Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day 18 - Record Snowfall!

Well, the epic snowstorm that was predicted arrived in full glory. I woke up to over a foot and a half of snow!
Needless to say, I didn't even try to go to work...I can't get out of my driveway let alone out of my neighborhood. Fortunately we kept our power, so I just enjoyed looking at the snow from the warmth of my house. I'm sure I'll be staying home tomorrow too. I'm now regretting that I took that week off between Christmas and New Years!

Sophie enjoyed the snow. A LOT!

She actually prefers wearing her coat...otherwise the snow balls up in her bib and her paws and her belly...she is a true Mountain Dog, the way she frolics in the snow is so much fun to watch! And she eats it like it's doggy-candy! Just grabs HUGE mouthfuls of it.

The snow is going to be around for awhile...hopefully it will be gone enough that I'll be able to go to work on Friday at least...but I'm not going to risk putting my car in the ditch if it's bad still. Supposed to be really ugly tonight and tomorrow with freezing rain.

Someone posted something on the WW board today that really threw me for a loop. (A binge on chocolate chip cookie loop.) I had posted about a neighbor whose beagle wandered off, and that I'd left the garage door open in case it wandered by here...and she posted: "try not to close the garage door on his head and kill him or anything. i hear that happens to animals at your house."

WTF??? WHY would she say something like that? My Morimoto got caught in the opener a couple months ago and it was a horribly tragic, heartbreaking accident and she posts THAT on my post? What an unbelievably mean-spirited thing to do. I would be willing to bet that she was a bully in school...either that or she was bullied and lashes out because of that.

I don't know what would cause someone to be like that, but she is not anyone I want to have anything at all to do with. Ever. If she goes to the Lake Tahoe WW GTG, I won't. I'd wish karma would come back and bite her, but I don't want to wish bad things on anyone. I just don't understand the twisted ways some people's minds work.

No comments:

Post a Comment